[birt-dev] Better charting (was better graphics)

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Seems like lot of interest.  I do not think that BIRT need “BIRT charting” for client side charting (like the server side). There are multiple amazing packages out there, with unique functions, use cases, etc.

Instead, I believe we should look for a way to export all the chart information (series, data, attributes, properties, including user defined  attributes) into json object, and invoke JavaScript callbacks, passing the data. Different plugins can then be developed to connect to different packages.

I would even go to the point that for minimal implementation, there is no need for HTML preview - in the editor. The existing server side can initially be used.

Once we have exporter, we can see what connectors will be available, and pick one (or more …) that can be bundled.

Yair.

Sent from my iPad

Back to the top