Re: [birt-dev] Better Graphics

So I'll caution about using front-end libraries. In the commercial product, this was initially a pain to export to formats like PDF, and required external libraries to render the EMCA script ejr

-------- Original message --------
From: Yair Lenga <yair.lenga@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 3/1/23 4:16 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [birt-dev] Better Graphics

Hi,

I'm not a front end expert - trying to figure out what are the opinions about looking at Plotly. It's open source, which will address the highchart license problem. I was told it's built on top of D3 - which provides lot of flexibility.

The big drawback is download size - 1.0 minified. Will be nice to have something with lower footprint. For certain use cases using CDN is not an option.

Any other libraries that may fit the bill ?

Yair

Back to the top