Re: [birt-dev] Birt support for JSON

That would be great (json ODA). I am not sure how does it fit with mongodb, but having the ability to feed arbitrary JSON from other connection (in my case, from postgresql JSON/JSONB columns) will be a huge plus. I assume same will apply to users of Oracle, sqlServer or any other database where json documents can be stored.

May be a driver where the json can be injected, or even constructed in rhino ?

Dynamodb connector will be nice, but I do not have any idea how to deal with security/authentication.

Yair.

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 17, 2022, at 4:15 PM, birt-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 08:14:57 -0500
> From: John Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: For developers on the BIRT project <birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [birt-dev] Birt support for JSON
>
> There were a few reasons, both technical and political, as to why this was never fully implemented. However, since actuate is no longer part of the project, those obstacles are no longer there.I'll see if I still have the source to the original JSON ODA and emitters. Since I was going to try to get the MongoDB stuff updated to work with the modern MongoDB engine, maybe I'll add the JSON stuff alongside it.-John

Back to the top