[birt-dev] Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, May 22, 2006

Title: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, May 22, 2006

Meeting

BIRT PMC, 10am Pacific, Monday, May 22, 2006

Attendees

Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation (www.ibm.com)

Minutes

Meeting Logistics

Lightly attended meeting this week due to travel schedules.

BIRT 2.1 RC3

BIRT 2.1 RC3 was posted and made available for download by the community last Saturday, May 20. However, the TPTP team have subsequently reported a compatibility bug and we are going to address this immediately.

BIRT 2.1 RC3a should be posted and available for download by the end of today, May 22nd.

As always, we encourage the community to download and work with the latest BIRT 2.1 Release Candidate build. Please report any problems via Bugzilla.

Additional Project Participation

The PMC is in discussion with a software vendor in the BI space who is interested in participating in the BIRT project. Specifically, the vendor is in interested in developing additional features/functions in the current reporting technology that is part of BIRT -- the initial feature being considered is the ability to generate MS Word output from a BIRT report.

The process that we are following for this new project participation was discussed and documented in minutes as part of the May 15, 2006 PMC meeting.

Watch this space for more details in the coming weeks.

Back to the top