[birt-dev] Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, October 3, 2005

Title: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, October 3, 2005

Meeting
BIRT PMC, 10am Pacific, Monday, October 3, 2005
Attendees
Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (
www.actuate.com)
Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions (
www.innoventsolutions.com)
Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (
www.actuate.com)
Minutes
BIRT 2.0 Plan
BIRT 2.0 Project Plan has now been posted. Jason W will post information to blogs to highlight visibility. Scott R will post to BIRT Newsgroup.

For Milestone builds, we should create a "New and Noteworthy" document for simultaneous release as the Milestone release. Jason will look at this, but needs input from the development team as each Milestone nears completion.

EclipseWorld Feedback
Suggestion to follow-up with people who talked to the BIRT team members at EclipseWorld to see if they have subsequently tried BIRT and what their feedback is. Scott would be interested in following up with this, and Paul C suggests coordinating with Krishna.

Web Site Updates
Jason continues to update the content on the www.eclipse.org/birt web site. Minor updates this week, but planning on a major update of the examples in the coming weeks.

Charting Sub Project
David Michonneau is now the project lead for the charting subproject.
BIRT Wiki
The BIRT Wiki security has been setup such that only committers can make edits to the wiki pages.
The EMO is also setting up a more general Wiki for use by all the Eclipse projects. When this is up and running, we need to consider transferring the BIRT Wiki content to the new Wiki.

BIRT Project Virtual Server
The BIRT Project now has a virtual server available to us on the eclipse.org infrastructure. This is a sand-boxed area on a server that we can configure for any purpose. We will look at using this to run BIRT reports.

BIRT Examples
Jason W is coordinating creating more examples of BIRT reports for the community. These will need to be checked into CVS, but it is not clear where these would go in the BIRT project. Wenfeng L will work with the CVS infrastructure team to get this setup.

BIRT Demo
We now have a very good recorded introductory demo of using BIRT. Jason is going to get this uploaded to the BIRT web site in the next couple of weeks.

Back to the top