From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2/3/20 8:06 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: bean-validation developer discussions <bean-validation-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [bean-validation-dev] Willing to help and contribute

Hi Theodor,

Thanks for reaching out.

I worked on preparing the API and the spec this afternoon. I'm not entirely sure working on this type of conversion is the best for a newcomer as it's kinda hard to know how to do it while not being familiar with everything. I also need a clear vision of what is done to detect the potential issues.

That being said, feel free to help review the coming PRs so that we don't miss anything:

I plan to work on the TCK and the RI by the end of the month. I'll ping you if I need some help but, hopefully, I will be able to automate most of the work.

If you're interested in working on BV in general, what we do is that we try to experiment the new features in Hibernate Validator, the reference implementation, first and once we have explored enough we can move things to the spec.

The 3.0 version of the spec will just be the same as 2.0 with the package change but we can think about playing with what could be new features for BV 3.1 in HV right now so that we have enough content for a new version.

Cheers,

--
Guillaume