RE: [atf-dev] Application doesn't find the Xulrunner instance

This error can occur on Windows but is less likely to occur because the default browser is not Mozilla. Most likely the other components are not using a Mozilla browser by default. You need to be careful when the workbench is saved with your browser editor window open. The next time the workbench is started, the browser component could be created before you set the system path variable.

     thanks
       Bob

Robert Goodman
IBM Emerging Technologies
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx

Robert Goodman/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/02/2007 02:48 PM

Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [atf-dev] Application doesn't find the Xulrunner instance

As I remember this error occurs on Linux when the initialization code in Mozilla.java is called before the System Path to the location of XULRunner is set. The initialization code in Mozilla.java is only executed once per workspace start. The code is in create method

public
void create (Composite parent, int style) {

delegate = new MozillaDelegate (browser);
       Display display = parent.getDisplay ();

int /*long*/[] result = new int /*long*/[1];

if (!Initialized) {

the variable
Initialized controls when the initialization code is run. The first time anybody create a browser component the initialization code is run. For instance, the initial welcome page that shows the first time a workbench started is a browser component. This will cause the initialization code to run when the workbench is first started, but before you set the XULRunner System Path variable. The problem will not occur when XULRunner is register using ---register-global, since SWT can find XULRunner when the first browser component is created. You need to make sure that you get the System Path set before any browser component is created not just browser components you create.

   thanks

    Bob

Robert Goodman
IBM Emerging Technologies
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx
512-838-8824    T.L. 678-8824

"Philippe Ombredanne" <pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/09/2007 01:54 PM

Please respond to
pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion'" <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [atf-dev] Application doesn't find the Xulrunner instance

Do you have problem on Linux ?

Or windows?

--
Cheers