Re: [atf-dev] Application doesn't find the Xulrunner instance

Robert Goodman wrote:

>The SWT code requires the system parameter org.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath to be set to the location of XULRunner. ATF sets the parameter when it
>launches the embedded Xulrunner browser. If you are writing you own SWT application, then you will need to set the property to the location where XULRunner
>resides before running you application. The other thing that may work is to cause ATF to launch the XULRunner browser once which should set the property.
>This would have to be done each time eclipse is restarted.

According to the SWT FAQ, the XULRunner instance must also be "properly installed," which means executing xulrunner.exe with, say, ---register-global.

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#howusemozilla

Does ATF do this as well or is this a manual step required by the user? If a required manual step, it would be nice to find a way around it else having a xulrunner plug-in becomes pointless - ie I might just as well use any XULRunner installation, right? I know that there has been some talk of re-architecting all of this so maybe I'm missing something. Also, apologies if this is a question that would be more appropriate for the SWT team.

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Austin, TX

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

masquill@xxxxxxxxxx