Re: [atf-dev] How the ATF interacts with Mozilla browser?

Yihao

Forgot to put the link to the page that describes how to get the source - http://www.eclipse.org/atf/source/index.php

    thanks
      Bob

Robert Goodman
IBM Emerging Technologies
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx
512-838-8824    T.L. 678-8824

Robert Goodman/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/06/2007 08:12 PM

Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [atf-dev] How the ATF interacts with Mozilla browser?

Yihao

The latest ATF Milestone has a view that allows an user to type in _javascript_ and have it evaluated in the context of the browser. You might want to look at how that was implemented. This page tells you how to get the source. The code for the _javascript_ evaluation view in plugin org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.ui. and the packages are org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.ui.jseval and org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.ui.jseval.model

  Thanks

    Bob

Robert Goodman
IBM Emerging Technologies
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx
512-838-8824    T.L. 678-8824

"Yihao Zhang" <yihao.ross@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/05/2007 08:52 PM

Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion" <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [atf-dev] How the ATF interacts with Mozilla browser?

Hi, David:

Thank you for your answer. It helps me a lot.

I feel a little bit confused about injecting _javascript_ into the DOM and setURL() to the script. How can we inject _javascript_ into the DOM and why does the java application need to do setURL() to the script? Could you explain more on that?

I think that through JAVAXPCOM, we could get a Mozilla instance and through that instance, we can get all interfaces provided by XPCOM. Is that true?  Besides that, is there any interface provided by JAVAXPCOM or XPCOM to let Mozilla communicate with the _javascript_ running in it?

Thank you very much.

Ross

2007/9/5, David Thomson <