Re: [atf-dev] RE: ATF debugger does not suspend on breakpoint

ATF's _javascript_ debugger and JSP debugger are not integrated together. This may be something done in the future. I know people that have gotten the ATF's _javascript_ and the JSP debugger working together. What I have been told is to you go to the servers view (Window>>Show View>>Server>>Servers) and start the tomcat server in debug mode (Right click on the server and there should be a debug menu option).This is needed because the "Debug in Mozilla command" doesn't start the server in debug mode. I will open a bug for this. Now right click on the JSP file and do a "Debug in Mozilla command". My understanding is that you will hit both JSP and _javascript_ breakpoint. There will be two separate call stacks in the debug view. One for the Tomcat server/JSP. I haven't actually tried this since I'm not a JSP developer, There is one thing that I will guarantee will not work is setting a breakpoint on the _javascript_ in the JSP file. The Server will need to generate some type of mapping code that will give us the line number mapping of the _javascript_ in the generated HTML. This problem also exists when using PHP. Breakpoints in _javascript_ files should work.

    Thanks
      Bob

Robert Goodman
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx

"Javier Pedemonte" <jhpedemonte@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2007 10:18 AM

Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion" <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [atf-dev] RE: ATF debugger does not suspend on breakpoint