Re: [atf-dev] ATF debug issue

 Hello,
The odd behavior doesn’t happen all the time, it is very unstable. Clearing the Mozilla cache doesn’t seem to help, the problem continues even after clearing the cache. I’m using the latest build of ATF (0.2.3M3 Milestone Build with New Enhancements).

TY,

Robert Goodman escreveu:

Victor

Have you notice that it is consistent with certain files or does it just start to happen and eventually go away? We have seen unusual behavior from the Mozilla debugger, but it is never consistent enough for us to catch the problem. In the upper right corner of the Mozilla Browser editor window there is a drop down menu option that will clear the browser cache. You might try clearing the cache. We have found that sometimes Mozilla caches something which causes it to behave in unexpected ways.

As for where to look in the source. In file org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.debug.internal.model. JSDebugThread there is an onError method. This is the callback method the Mozilla browser calls when a breakpoint is hit. The code in this method makes calls to the to the Mozilla browser to get the stack information.

Which version of ATF and the source code are us using?

Robert Goodman
IBM Emerging Technologies
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx
512-838-8824 T.L. 678-8824

*Victor Osório <xmv746@xxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/15/2007 03:04 PM
Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

	atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
	[atf-dev] ATF debug issue

Hello,
I’m facing a problem with the ATF debugger, I was wondering if someone
could help me.
Sometimes when I’m trying to debug a web application using ATF (Debug in
Mozilla - without load from server) the debugging session isn’t
displaying the source code when a breakpoint is hit. The eclipse
perspective is changed to the Debug Perspective, like it does normally
when a breakpoint is hit, but the source code isn’t being shown. I’ve
also noticed that the stack trace displayed, in these occasions, isn’t
complete.
Is there any addressed bug about it? Do you have any idea on how to fix
this, or even where to look (in the source) to start an investigation?

Thanks,
Victor Osório