RE: [atf-dev] Re: 0.2.3. release

Title: Message
I think that this is something akin to a milestone.

-----Original Message-----
From: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:56 PM
To: atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: emo@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [atf-dev] Re: 0.2.3. release

ATF Developers,
>From this email, it seems that 0.2.3 has many new features and is not just a bug fix release. This leads to a number of issues:
  1. The Eclipse terminology for releases, bug fixes, and milestones is:
    1. n.p.q Mx = "n" changes if there is a major, API incompatible release; "p" changes if there is a major, but API compatible release; "q" changes if there is a bug fix release; and "x" changes as the development milestones are reached (M1, M2, M3, etc).
    2. Perhaps your release is really a milestone and thus is "0.2 M3" instead of "0.2.3" ?
  2. If this is a real release (not a milestone) with many new features (not just bug fixes) then it _must_ go through a Release Review. The project may not produce releases without a Review.
    1. There is an exception to the Reviews-required for bug fix releases, but bug fix releases are never described as "quite a few changes ... (...move to [new version of the Platform])".
Please clarify the situation here: is this a milestone described with incorrect terminology? is this a bugfix release with no major new features? is this a full-featured release?

Thank you,
Bjorn

We're currently winding down and hope to have the next release out soon.  There are quite a few changes from the last milestone (in particular, the move to Eclipse 3.3).  We are putting together a full list of changes, which will be available with the release.

Back to the top