[aspectj-users] What are you using AspectJ (AOP) for?

Hi,
As I'm currently writing a bachelor thesis about the diverse approaches
of weaving, I would be highly interested in which ways you're currently
using aspectJ or AOP in general. I don't want to bother you with many
questions, so if you're afraid of answering all questions just answer
those that you have the strongest opinion about. I'm not so interested
in what MIGHT AOP be used for, but more in what it currently IS used for.

What was your biggest application that you used aop in?
Was this application used in a production environment?
What did you use AOP for? (logging, persistence ..)
Which kind of weaving technology did you use?
Did you consider using a more powerful weaving technology especially
online weaving a.k.a. dynamic aop (deployment and undeployment of
advices during runtime)?
What would be needed to make this kind of technology more appealing to you?
Did you encounter any problems during deployment of your application?
Do you think that JVM support for AOP would be a big benefit?
(Think of get/set/call working even when used by reflection, Security
mechanism to protect classes from weaving, weaving on java.* javax.*
classes, aop libraries that could be used/removed from classpath,
runtime)

My bachelor thesis will be ready (hopefully) in march of next year, and
I will give a short note to this mailing list when it's done and if it's
of any interest.
Thanks to all in advance,
I'm really curious about your opinions.
Karsten