[aspectj-users] eclipse AspectJ Book

Hello,

I've just bought a copy of the AspectJ team's new book and have tried to work through the Simple Insurance example. However, I have encountered a problem in converting from a Java project to an Aspect project - I get a "Build Configuration Error" message.

Notwithstanding the aforesaid, the Simple Insurance application's context menu indicates that the conversion was successful. However, this is not the case since I cannot create an aspect either - I get the meassage "An error has occurred when creating this editor". I am now stuck at page 37. I suspect that discrepancies have crept in between the example and the Eclipse platform since the book went to press.
Indeed, there are differences between the book and the downloaded example.

Now, before I get stuck into further details will the moderator please advise if this is the right forum for questions relating to the book. I'm unsure since the authors have omitted to leave a forwarding address for any queries. If the authors are reading this posting should I assume that that this is a case of caveat emptor and cease further postings on this subject?

Regards,

Gerry

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: