[aspectj-dev] AspectJ 1.6.9M1 released

AspectJ 1.6.9 milestone 1 is now available!  This release includes
some new features:

- message inserts for declare warning/error messages
- declare warning/error for type patterns
- type category type patterns
- intertype fields on classes preserve visibility and name
- AspectJ snapshots are now in an accessible maven repo

More information on all these can be found in the README:
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/README-169.html

AspectJ 1.6.9M1 can be downloaded from the usual place:
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/downloads.php

It is in the AJDT builds for Eclipse 3.5 and Eclipse 3.6.

Please be aware that if you update to this version then you will need
to update any 'downstream' AspectJ weavers that you use (for later
binary weaving or load-time weaving).  Some of the changes above have
required an update to the aspect version format we use and earlier
versions of AspectJ will not completely understand code built by
1.6.9M1.  See this article for more information about this:
http://andrewclement.blogspot.com/2010/04/aspectj-169m1-message-unable-to.html .

The 'milestone' tag does indicate that this is a work in progress
towards the 1.6.9 release.  Any feedback is appreciated on the
milestone so that we can ensure the features are fully robust by
release.

enjoy!
AspectJ team.

Back to the top