Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:14 PM
To: AspectJ developer discussions
Subject: Re: [aspectj-dev] Annotation & Jdk1.4

#: Gonul, Bora changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  8/24/2005
12:26 PM :#
> Hi Alexandru,
>
> That is exactly what I tried today.
> 1)Written a SimplePOJO. Added annotations to it using backport
> (Compiled with AnnotationC) 2)Written a simple aspect which will
> intercept all the methods on that pojo 3)Written a test case to call a
> method from that simple pojo
>
> Now don't I need to weave these test classes ?

You can use 2 strategies:
1/ offline weaving: you can do the offline weaving considering that the
project is already binary (so the weaving will go over the .class and not on
the sources). Unfortunately I cannot remember the terms aj is using for
these.

2/ load-time-weaving: this is clear that will work

hth,
:alex |.::the_mindstorm::.|

ps: i promise i will update my memories on aj asap :-S.