RE: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ decompiler

Sree are you asking for a decompiler that produces AspectJ source from
AspectJ compiled code? That would be an interesting tool, although I don't
believe that any of them exist. (*)

What Oliver and Nick are talking about is decompiling AspectJ compiled code
into "equivalent" Java sources. I've used Jad to do this too and tried some
others (always with mixed results). The latter is sometimes helpful to
understand details of what the AspectJ compiler generates, but this is
typically when working on the bleeding edge of new features with AspectJ (or
for new users to gain confidence).

(*) E.g., you would get back from the bytecode

aspect ErrHandler{
    pointcut handlePoint(): call(* *(..) throws SQLException);

    before() : handlePoint() { ... }
}

rather than something like

class ErrHandler {
    private static ErrHandler ajc$aspectInst;