Re: [asciidoc-wg] Setup of Working Group Web Site / initial repo set up

Dan,

alright, this is understood. I put it on the SC's agenda to give it a vote.

Best regards,
Alexander

On 27.02.2021 12:25, Dan Allen wrote:
Alexander,

Regarding:

> Once there is content, and the site is approved by the WG, the site will move to asciidoc.eclipse.org.

I've given more thought to your suggestion of using asciidoc-wg.eclipse.org as the domain name. I now agree that's what we should use. As I stated in the last SC meeting, this site is explicitly about the Working Group. Without the -wg suffix in the domain name, it's not apparent that's what it is for. Including the -wg suffix serves as a clear indicator that this website is for the Working Group and should not be confused with websites for the top-level project, language, or ecosystem. For example, someone could reasonably conclude that asciidoc.eclipse.org is the website for the top-level AsciiDoc project at Eclipse, which it is not. (Which websites we ultimately decide to have is a separate discussion. We just don't want people to think this website is correlated with any of those other things).

This proposed change would mean that we would not use asciidoc.eclipse.org at all (at least not now) since that domain name sends an ambiguous message. The Working Group website at asciidoc-wg.eclipse.org is the only AsciiDoc domain (for now) that would include "eclipse.org", rightfully so.

Best Regards,

-Dan

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his