Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc implementation for the Java/JVM ecosystem / project proposal

Hallo Didier,

breaking down the implementation to different modules sounds like a best
practive: this would keep the parsing of AsciiDoc and creating an AST
separate from creating an output format.

The Asciidoctor implementation already pluggable output formats (called
backends), and this proved very valuable in different scenarios. I think
it is a best practice this implementation should adopt. It also creates
a block-level AST that can be inspected at run-time.

If you are using Asciidoctor today and given some Ruby knowledge, you
could try your luck with either a tree processor (the Asciidoctor
extensions lab contains varios tree processors already) or a backend
(you might want to strip down the html5 backend, see the source of
html5.rb).

If you have problems with Asciidoctor souce highlighting, maby as this
question with an example in the Asciidoctor forum.

Regarding the project proposal: If you want to add yourself as an
interested party to try out early releases, or if you want to suggest
requirements for the scope, please let me know.

Regards,
Alexander