Re: [asciidoc-wg] Reasons to not use Asciidoc as a foundation for a software documentation language -- experiences from the N4JS project

Jesse McConnell wrote on 2020-02-17 03:49 (GMT -08:00):

Your linked example is indeed truly awful, but my question is, why?  What has prompted the writer to manually define the IDs for every heading in the document?

We do this to ensure deep linking bookmarks on the web are persistent across iterations of the documentation. I suspect that is the case here.

Jesse

I tend to do the same.. an anchor imho needs to be able to stay the same even if the exact wording of the title or whatever changes. In my experience this happens all the time and you want to ensure that any deep links from outside the docs continue to work ..

Manfred

Back to the top