[ajdt-dev] EnsureAJBuilder.ensureNoJavaBuilder(..) and APT

Hi,

I develope project that heavily relies on AspectJ and APT. To get it
working I use a workaround. I have both JavaBuilder and AJBuilder in my
project's .project file.
(http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=1966&group=eclipse.technology.ajdt#1966).

Just recently I noticed that my JUnit tests don't regenerate files using
APT mechanism. After debugging I found reason - from time to time
EnsureAJBuilder.ensureNoJavaBuilder(..) gets called and removes
JavaBuilder from project.

I wonder if there is a reason to remove JavaBuilder from .project. I
imagine that the problem could be with generated .class files. Maybe in
this case it's worth ignoring java build command entry that has argument
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.generateClassFiles set to disabled. This
would solve the problem because JDT-APT would call annotation processors
but no binaries would be generated.

I use AJDT Version: 2.0.0.e34x-20090528-1600
AspectJ version: 1.6.5.20090528125400

Best regards
David

Back to the top