[ajdt-dev] [URGENT] building AJDT plugins (and more)

Hi!

I am trying to figure out how can I build a new version of AJDT plugins by including the latest AspectJ. I have faced for the last couple of days a bug in AspectJ - Andy fixed it today and I really need to continue my work.

According to some old posts on this list I have imported everything under Eclipse, and now I was trying to run the build.xml from org.eclipse.aspectj.updatesite.

By reading the first comment on that build, I thought I have found what I've been looking:

[quote]
The key targets are:
* clean (obvious),
* ajdejars (which recreates the jars in the ajde plugin from an aspectj <===
  distribution
[...]
[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no such target: ajdejars.

Meanwhile (after finding the problem with duplication of .class files in aspectjweaver.jar), I have taken a look at ajde.jar. This one contains a set of empty dirs inside (it looks like some dirs were supposed to contain classes from AspectJ).

However, can anybody tell me what is the correct way to:

build the AJDT plugins by incorporating the latest version of AspectJ?

I have succesfully built the AspectJ jars from CVS HEAD. I just need some hints
on how to do it. All the faq-s and answers on the ML are confusing me, as they are proposing different things.

Please enlighten me

thanks a lot in advance,

./alex
--