Re: [ajdt-dev] problem with latest AJDT distro?

#: Mik Kersten changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  11/14/2005 7:16 PM :#
Definitely of interest to me, since Mylar should support both AJDT and
MyEclipse, and be defensive against such failures.  What's happening here is
that an editor part is failing to initialize, and triggering an odd Eclipse
bug where an ErrorEditorPart is failing to initialize.  If you install
tonight's 0.4.2 release of Mylar and still see this bug with the latest AJDT
it would be great if you could file a report:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mylar
Please include the editor listed as default for ".java" under the File
Associations preference page.

The default Java editor is Eclipse Java Editor. I will try the 0.4.2 version and let you know.

thanks Mik,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Mik

-----Original Message-----
From: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Alexandru Popescu
Sent: November 14, 2005 8:54 AM
To: AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] problem with latest AJDT distro?

After removing Mylar the problem doesn't show anymore (Probably Mik would
be interested in this, but
as my env is not clean, having MyEclipse also I am not sure if this is
relevant for him).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

#: Alexandru Popescu changed the world a bit at a time by saying on
11/14/2005 1:29 PM :#
> #: Matt Chapman changed the world a bit at a time by saying on
11/14/2005 1:05 PM :#
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I just tried a clean install via that zip file, and couldn't reproduce
>> any such problems. I created the "Introduction Example" from the
>> wizard, and did Run As > AspectJ/Java application on
>> CloneablePoint.aj, and it ran ok. What happens when you try, do you
>> get an error dialog?
>
> I am getting an ugly Error dialog with no message inside. I have removed
Mylar meanwhile, cause I
> had a few problems with it, so maybe not AJDT was the problem. However
my installation is quite complex:

> MyEclipse 4.0.3
> Eclipse 3.1.1
> AJDT 1.3.0.most_up_to_date
>
>> Do you have a previous version of AJDT you can
>> revert to (under Help > Software Updates > Manage configuration)?
>>

> I have quite a few previous versions :-) (almost all from the last
months). I have reverted to
> ajdt_1.3.0.20051108143751_archive.zip.
>
>> Has anyone else seen this problem?
>>

> Pls don't spent too much time on it. I will try the new AJDT version (I
guess by today we will have
> another one, aint it?, and I will report than).
>
> thanks,
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matt.

wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Just tried the version from ajdt_1.3.0.20051111104438_archive.zip and
it fails to launch a main
>>> class in both AspectJ and Java programs launch configurations. All
I've found in the log file is:

>>> [stack]
>>>
>>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-11-14 02:44:14.297
>>> !MESSAGE null argument;
>>> !STACK 0
>>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.misc.AssertionFailedException: null argument;
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.misc.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:81)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.misc.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:68)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSite.<init>(EditorSite.java:47)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:41
8)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartRefere
nce.java:552)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.requestActivation(PartPane.java:239)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorPane.requestActivation(EditorPane.java:88)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setFocus(Presentable
Part.java:137)
>>>         at

org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation$1.handl
eEvent(TabbedStackPresentation.java:92)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(Abs
tractTabFolder.java:267)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(Abs
tractTabFolder.java:272)
>>>         at

org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.handleMouseDo
wn(AbstractTabFolder.java:342)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder$3.mouseDown(A
bstractTabFolder.java:79)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:133)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
>>>         at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3080)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2713)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367
)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivato
r.java:226)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:37
6)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:16
3)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>         at
39)
>>>         at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorIm
pl.java:25)
>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>>         at
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)