RE: [ajdt-dev] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: makeMethodSig when usingthisJoinPoint

That worked, thanks for the follow-up.

-----Original Message-----
From: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Andy Clement
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:20 AM
To: AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: makeMethodSig when
usingthisJoinPoint

That happens when you pick up an old version of aspectjrt.jar from
somewhere when you execute the application.  During AspectJ 1.5.0
development we modified makeMethodSig() to be more efficient and you
are using the new compiler that puts in the correct calls but don't
have the right aspectjrt.jar around when you run it, so it can't find
the new version of Factory.makeMethodSig().  It may be on your
classpath or it may be in the JVM standard extensions directory -
check both places for the old one and replace it.

Andy.

On 08/11/05, Chris Fellows <cfellows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> When trying to run a main method woven with advice using
thisJoinPoint,
> eclipse is terminating with:
>

> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.Factory.makeMethodSig(Ljava/lang/String;Ljav
a/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljav
a/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/aspectj/lang/reflect/MethodSignatu
re;