Re: [ajdt-dev] org.aspectj.ajdt.core.prefs file and enviroment variables expansion

At 11.30 31/10/2005, Matt Chapman wrote:
Hi Valentino,

Hi Matt and thank you for your time,

Which non-standard option are you passing to the compiler?

For now I pass -classpath c:\java\jdk1.4.2_08\jre\lib\rt.jar
but I would like to pass -classpath %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\rt.jar

To set the
classpath you should use the regular classpath mechansim provided by
Eclipse JDT, which does support variable expansion.
Ideally we wouldn't need this "non-standard option" field at all -
AJDT should provide all the appropriate controls for configuring the
compiler.

I'm experimenting with J2ME + AspectJ and the only way to compile successfully an aj midlet I found is:
1- remove the JRE classpath from my project
2- add the J2ME specific jars to my project
3- add the not standard option : -classpath c:\java\jdk1.4.2_08\jre\lib\rt.jar

1 is needed because J2SE and J2ME have different API.
2 is needed because referenced in the midlet
3 is needed because without this the compiler doesn't start and reports:
        can't find critical required type java.io.Serializable
        can't find critical required type java.lang.Cloneable

I would be great if you know a 'standard & expandable way' to tell to AspectJ compiler what is the classpath that it should use for itself and not for the compiling.

Thank you very much,
Valentino

Regards,

Matt.