Re: [ajdt-dev] building AspectJ + AJDT

> This is supported by AJDT. The rule is that .java files and the JDT Java
> editor should only be used for plain Java, and so if you want to use any
> AspectJ constructs, such as aspects or pointcuts then you should switch to
> .aj files and the AspectJ editor. The AspectJ editor extends the Java
> editor, so you could if you want use .aj files for everything.

Aha! For some reason it seemed obvious to me that one should put aspects
into .aj files and classes and interfaces into .java files... But putting
classes and interfaces with AJ constructs into .aj files will work
perfectly - I don't care much about file extension as long as 'Open Type'
dialog in Eclipse does the right thing :-).
It seems that it's a good idea to put that suggestion on the workspace
reconfiguration screen that shows up after AJDT upgrade, just in case more
people get confused like that (but maybe it's just me being so silly ;-))

Rafal

Back to the top