Re: [ajdt-dev] Eclipse 3.1M5 and status of AJDT 1.2.0M3

On Oli's declare annotation question:

Declare annotation is the last thing we are working on before releasing
AspectJ 1.5.0M2.  I have declare @type basically working and the other
variants (@field, @method, @constructor) should be straightforward
after that.

We want to completely finish the annotation support before we move to
tackle generics.

On Barry's generics problem:

We haven't got the necessary generics testcases written so it is
possible you will hit problems like this.  It would interesting (if
you can) to try and compile that pure java class in a pure java
project - does the JDT compiler have any problems with it?
As Matt said in his reply, please raise a bug on this, and
we'll get to it once AspectJ 1.5.0M2 is out the door.

cheers,
Andy.

"Oli B." <boehm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ajdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

25/02/2005 21:22

Please respond to
ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

Matt Chapman wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> A new development build has been published, 1.2.0.20050225125806.
> See http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/download.html for the update site URLs or
> zip files. Builds are available for Eclipse 3.0.1 and 3.1M5a. Note that
> this (and future) builds will not work on 3.1M4 - we can only support the
> latest milestone build in the 3.1 line.
>
> We are now feature complete for AJDT 1.2.0M3, but we want to fix a few
> more bugs and do some more testing before putting the milestone release
> out. Please help us by trying out this development build and raising bugs
> for any problems you find.

What's with "declare annotation" as described in the developer's
notebook? I get a syntax error for it so I guess it is not implemented.
Will it come or is it shifted to later?

> And if you're going to EclipseCon, I hope to see you at the AJDT demo :)

would be nice, but I found no sponsor...

regards
Oliver
--
Oliver Böhm