Re: [ajdt-dev] AJDT source and build files

Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 08/02/2005 18:29:41:
> I am attempting to write a ebuild of ajdt for gentoo linux. I was
> trying to find the source code package and ant build files. The source
> codes are in several separate .zip files in the
> ajdt_version_archive.zip and there aren't ant build files.
>
> Is there anyway I can obtain them from you? All the source files in
> one zip file and the build file?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The build system for ajdt is pretty complex. There is a builder eclipse
plugin which is run as a headless eclipse application, which generates the
appropriate classpaths for each of the ajdt plugins, and writes that to a
properties file. That is then read by the main build process to build each
of the plugins in turn, and then build an update site and zip file.

But the requirements for an ebuild are rather different, as you only want
to build a fixed version of the plugins. So you could use a pre-generated
version of the classpath properties files, and then build the plugins, and
then just copy them to the right place (picking up the location from the
installed location of the eclipse sdk ebuild presumably?) instead of
generating the update site. I could send you a classpath properties file,
the only trouble is it would contain absolute pathnames, so I guess you
would have to convert them to be relative.

A simpler alternative might be to create a binary ebuild instead of source
- after all it's all java code, so no tailored gcc flags to affect things.

Here is some CVS info:
host: dev.eclipse.org
repository: /home/technology
path to latest sources: org.eclipse.ajdt/AJDT1.2src

org.eclipse.ajdt.build is the builder plugin I mentioned, and
UpdateSite/build.xml is the build file which calls all the others.

Regards,

Matt.

Back to the top