From: Ron Bodkin [mailto:rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: lundi 8 novembre 2004 22:29
To: ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Rajit Suggula Srinivas Kumar
Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] Eclipse 3.0 and AJDT Problem

Hi Rajit,

The easiest way to install is from the automatic update site. You should probably get the latest version that works with 3.0.0, namely AJDT 1.1.12.

If you have to install manually (e.g., the site was too busy), make sure you extract with subdirectories so the files go into the right subdirectories of the eclipse directory (plugins and features). You can also do help|about and pick plugin details and feature details to see a list of all the plugins in the system and to see whether you have the right AspectJ feature installed. Check to make sure you see the org.eclipse.aspectj and org.eclipse.ajdt.ui plugins. If it doesn't show up properly, look to see if you have files with names containing aspectj or ajdt in your eclipse/plugins and eclipse/features directories.

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Software
o: (415) 824-4690