Re: [adoptium.incubator-dev] 回复: Plan of opening static analyzer

Hi Jiangli,
I can answer the technique question:
>As it is based on GraalVM, how easily it can be used as a standalone tool? Does it require pulling in the GraalVM binary as a dependency (any other additional dependencies)?
We have 2 versions of it. One is integrated into our AJDK, another one is a standalone tool. They share the same analysis implementations and only differ at startup driver. Both of them dependent on GraalVM binary release, but only 3 jars from GraalVM instead of the entire binary release.

Ziyi

From:Jiangli Zhou <jianglizhou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent At:2021 Apr. 29 (Thu.) 08:53
To:li sanhong <sanhong.lsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; adoptium.incubator developer discussions <adoptium.incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:adoptium.incubator-dev <adoptium.incubator-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Lance <cengfeng.lzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:Re: [adoptium.incubator-dev] 回复: Plan of opening static analyzer

Hi Sanghong,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 5:53 AM 李三红(三红) <sanhong.lsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jiangli,
Replying to your questions... pls. chime in if Ziyi has more comments.
In our internal use, the tool itself is bundled in AlibabaJDK distribution, but you are correct it requires the dependency on the GraalVM binary.
We need to figure out the Eclipse process(for new code contribution) and will have a plan for a contribution so that the project participants can access it.

Looking forward to more details on the static analyzer plan. Thanks!

Yes, we prefer upstream first, we can open this kind of discussion in OpenJDK at a future appropriate time.

It would be appropriate to discuss that together with the general class pre-initialization in OpenJDK when it is ripe.

Best,
Jiangli

Thanks!
Sanhong