Re: [4diac-dev] 回复: CSinglyLinkedList improvements

So there are no more platforms that doesn't support STL?

In that case I would also consider std::list as a direct replacement. Unlike std::vector it has constant insertion/removal time, and I expect it to minimize memory fragmentation on embedded devices. Of course, if random access is required then std::vector is preferred.

Has anyone considered boost? I know it's often times avoided, but it has some more embedded friendly implementations. I.e. lists with static allocation. But I never had an opportunity to work with it so I don't have any experience with it.

I also have some other suggestions:

  • use std::thread and synchronization mechanisms from STL, that can be ported to embedded devices with not too much effort
  • use std::chrono - in the current implementation I never know what time unit to expect. And I know I'm not the only one because of a bug in OPC UA I found some time ago.