[4diac-dev] Changing C++ standard requirements for FORTE

Hello everyone,

with all the new developments in 4diac IDE (FBN features, new ST grammar, editor, language constructs) we are hitting a ceiling what we can implement in FORTE, which until now has limited itself mainly to pre C++11 features (with the exception StopWatch FB).
Now with all the development, we realized that we need modern C++ features, which is why we (Alois and me) propose to switch to C++20 with FORTE 2.1.x, which every recent GCC-based and MSVC compiler supports nowadays.

If there are any reasons not to make that switch please speak up and let us now and discuss.

Best regards,

Martin

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Melik-Merkumians

Advanced Mechatronic Systems