[4diac-dev] Antw: RFC: Remove Option to adjust the connection router for diagrams

Hey,

i think nothing speaks against it, as the automatic layout is working quite nice and i dont want to miss that feature.

Best Regards,

Michael
>>> Alois Zoitl <alois.zoitl@xxxxxx> 08.11.2021 08:57 >>>
Hi,

as connection routing is a hard thing we had from the beginning an option to select different GEF routers for routing the connections in FB networks. Since
quite some time we have now the adjustable router as default. This router has some very nice properties of allowing users to easily adjust the connections and
the default connection route creation is rather nice. Yes I know there is place for improvements but still.

Since 4diac IDE 1.14.0 we also have the very nice automatic layout generation option utilizing the Eclipse Layout Kernel. This layout generation works only if
the adjustable router is selected.

Therefore I would like to propose to remove the router extension point and the according settings in the preferences and use for FB networks only the adjustable
router.

Does anything speak against it?

Cheers,
Alois