Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:11:05 -0400
To: xsd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xsd-dev] I can't get the Numeric Data Type for the current XSDSimpleTypeDefinition
From: ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx

John,

Please use the newsgroup, not the mailing list...

I believe I've already suggested getting the type and testing if the namespace of that type is the schema for schema namespace, i.e., XSDConstants.isSchemaForSchemaNamespace(xsdSimpleTypeDefinition.getTargetNamespace()) is true; if it's not true, ask for the base type of the simple type and repeat the testing until you end up with a type in the schema for schemas.  It sounds like that's the type you want.

John Dous wrote:
Dear Ed. Merks,

The problem is that I can't get the correct Derived Data Type name of XSDSimpleTypeDefinition element.  For example if the xsd file has two elements :
<xs:element name="direct-short" type="xs:short"/>
<xs:element name="link-short" type="newType" />

<xs:element name="newType">

<xs:restriction base="xs:short"/>
</xs:element>

I am waiting  to take the correct "short" value for both above elemens (
direct-short,link-short)

Try No 1. (
XSDSimpleTypeDefinition.getName)
the first element direct-short with the method XSDSimpleTypeDefinition.getName returns "short"
the second element link-short with the method
XSDSimpleTypeDefinition.getName returns "newType"

Try No 2.(XSDSimpleTypeDefinition.getBaseType.getName)
the first element
direct-short with the method XSDSimpleTypeDefinition.getBaseType returns "int"
the second element link-short with the method XSDSimpleTypeDefinition.getBaseType returns "short"

I would like to get the correct "short" value in any case. How can do this? Could you give me any example?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
John Dous