RAD and WebSphere Server Tools Lead
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905) 413-2689, T/L: 313-2689

Inactive hide details for "Iliev, Vladislav" ---06/06/2011 06:36:11 AM---Hi guys, Working with the WTP server adapter and tryin"Iliev, Vladislav" ---06/06/2011 06:36:11 AM---Hi guys, Working with the WTP server adapter and trying to contribute an extension point I'm observi

From: "Iliev, Vladislav" <vladislav.iliev@xxxxxxx>
To: "wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/06/2011 06:36 AM
Subject: [Wtp-wst-dev] WTP Server Adapter framework: Cannot call Server.synchronousStart method
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys,

Working with the WTP server adapter and trying to contribute an extension point I’m observing a strange behavior:

When I say “Run as”->”Run on Server” for a particular servlet I expect to have a sequence of
2 operations :
    • publish
    • server start (in my extension point startBeforePublish="false")
This is OK. The entry point here is org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server#start(String mode2, final IOperationListener opListener)
that calls the operation above in an asynchronous way. This does not suit me, as I want to start the server only if the publish operation is successful.

I found another method public void synchronousStart(String mode2, IProgressMonitor monitor) throws CoreException;
That would do the required work instead of me, but what is strange to me is that nobody calls this method.
I didn’t find even how to force the server adapter to call it.

Could you please advise me is there a way to call this synchronousStart method (for example property in plugin.xml file for this extension point), or this is kind of a bug?

Thanks in advance,
-Vladislav

Vladislav Iliev | TIP CORE Java Server | Next Generation Java Platform | +359 2 8056 753