RE: [Wtp-wst-dev] WST XML editor

Hi Kashif,

Let me repeat your requirement to ensure I understand it. You want to avoid using the XML catalog, simply mentioning the location of the schema file in the XML file and having the editor and validator locate it in the same project. If this is the case simply use a relative location such as:

xsi:schemaLocation="F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp uiTemplate.xsd"

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

"Shahzad, Kashif" <Kashif_Shahzad@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/30/2007 03:29 AM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [Wtp-wst-dev] WST XML editor

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the detail and it works well.

I want to know if there is any other way if I just mention the schema file name in the header. All the validation and suggestions could be detected by the XML editor by having the schema file at the root of the project.

Our requirement is if we just place the schema files at the root of Eclipse project and then mention the name of the schema file in the header. Is it possible for us to restrict XML editor to always find the schema file from the project root by never mentioning the absolute or project relative path in the XML file?? The XML files can be in the project hierarchy anywhere in the subfolders. I used XMl catalog preference but it always place location of the file like this

xsi:schemaLocation="F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp file:///F:/Infelxion_handheld/schema/temp/uiTemplate.xsd"

Thanks,
Kashif