Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] Extensions to an HTML or JSP editor

Gokhan,

It's taken a while to answer your post here, because there is no good answer. I think what you are asking is if there is an API interface to add to the content assist for HTML and JSP editor.
And for that the answer is "no".  We've certainly gotten lots of requests (you can search bugzilla) but don't really have the resource (people) to work on this with urgency. There have been
some discussions on the newsgroup (eclipse.webtools) where some users have figured out ways to do what they wanted (using internal, non API methods) so you might search there and
look for posts related to what you are asking.

Thanks,

G S <gokuiuc@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/20/2006 05:04 PM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[Wtp-wst-dev] Extensions to an HTML or JSP editor

Hello,

I want to ask about how to add specific HTML or JSP extensions to the HTML or JSP editors. The thing is I don't want to create my own editor, I want to insert the extensions into the HTML or JSP editors of WST like adding my own attributes. Instead of modifying the source code, I want to access HTML or JSP editors from outside, but their interfaces, StructuredTextViewerConfigurationHTML or StructuredTextViewerConfigurationJSP doesn't help much. I think I would need internal changes to add my attributes, but those internal classes are mostly not public. Also, even if I use those interfaces or somehow extend the internal classes, then how will I make Eclipse to load my own extensions into the HTML or JSP editors and overwrite the existing configuration so that the existing HTML/JSP editor configuration and my own configuration do not conflict with each other?

Thanks a lot for your help..

Gokhan