Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] Server Framework and remote hosts

Hi,
With generic server framework, it is possible to run and deploy to a remote server but it is not possible to use a remote server's binaries as part of the build path. The properties you mention are usually used for defining the binaries for build path and I am not sure if it is worth the penalty to use libraries over an ssh connection.

I believe the server adapters we ship with WTP do not have that support but there are commercial products that come with such adapters. As for running servers, every server has its own mechanism for that for instance some servers provide a daemon process that can start/stop a server but they are server specific.

I hope this helps.
--
Gorkem

Bruno Wassermann wrote:
Hi,

I am in the process of using the generic server framework to add some BPEL
runtimes and have a few questions.
During the setup of a server on a remote host the only way, at the moment,
to specify information such as the home directory of a server is via a
networked drive (windows). Would it make sense to extend the UI types
available in the generic server framework (specified in server def file) to
allow, for example, setting up a ssh connection to that remote host?

Has anyone here contributed a server that supports remote hosts? If so, I
would be interested to talk about any issues/pitfalls with launching a
remote instance ('coz that's giving me some trouble as in not starting and
am running out of ideas)...

Regards,

-- Bruno