[Wtp-wst-dev] Is there a need for a common Xerces plugin?

Hi All,

There are several validator plugins (being contributed at the end of this week) including DTD, WSDL and XSD which rely on the Xerces parser. These plugins cannot use generic XML parsing as they need a validating parser for DTD and schema files. Currently these plugins all require a base plugin which packages Xerces. I'd like to get an idea of who else, if anyone, requires Xerces. If there are others I suggest we consider creating a base Xerces plugin, such as org.eclipse.wst.xerces, which we can all reuse to keep from packaging many copies of Xerces in WTP.

If you own or know of components/plugins out there which have a requirement on Xerces please speak up.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software - XML Web Services Tooling
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top