Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] Starting work on the XSD editor

Hi Dave,

Some answer's to your questions...

>* IBM is planning to refresh their contribution following completion of
>their WSAD 6.0 release.  I assume the XSD editor code will be refreshed?  If
>so, am I wasting my time to do anything here before that code is refreshed?
>There is lots of work-in-progress and commented out code in the original
>contribution.

Yes, we're planning to begin doing the refresh this week.  I'd suggest waiting until
after the refresh before begining any major work on this.  I'd be interested to see
any thoughts or suggestions that you might have now that you've gone thru the process
of eyeballing the code.

>* The XSD editor uses the tabbed properties from:
>                 com.ibm.xtools.common.ui.properties_6.0.0
> But I don't see this in CVS yet.  Is someone working on it, or should I do so?
>* The M1 XML editor does not use a multi-page editor. Is work under way to
> add the table view page?
>* In the IBM contribution, the XSD editor extends the XML multi-page editor
> and adds a graphical design view.  Any thoughts about how this should be
> designed in the WST M2 release?

These issues all fall under the category of getting the code refreshes for all of the various dependencies.

I think the picture here will be much clearer after a week or so.

> I'll have more questions and comments, but first want to check whether
> anyone else is working on this and if I should wait for the IBM refresh.

Yes, several of us are working on this.  And yes, I'd recommend waiting for the refresh.  I appreciate your interest and look forward working with you on this component!

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

Back to the top