[Wtp-wst-dev] Data Tools

I have checked in the data tools source code to cvs. This should let Valeriy and BC make some progress.

The code depends on some additional plugins, com.ibm.wtp.emf.* and com.ibm.base.extensions.* which need to be renamed and moved into the common component, i.e.

com.ibm.wtp.emf.* -> org.eclipse.wst.common.emf.*
com.ibm.base.extensions.* -> org.eclipse.wst.common.extensions.*

And these go into:

webtools/wst/components/common

I reorganized and renamed the code to conform to the Eclipse guideline. I created an Ant script to automate the process. [1] The Ant script shows the renaming rules. I divided the code into two components: rdb and sql. These are stored in:

webtools/wst/components/rdb
webtools/wst/components/sql

The sql component appears to contain some rdb code but this can be refactored later, after IBM refreshes the code. I also moved the test cases out of the plugins directory and into the tests directory.

To Do:
1. Rename the remaining com.ibm code that is required by the data tools and check these into cvs in the common component
2. Build and test the code.
3. Valeriy to integrate his sqlscrapbook enhancements.
4. BC to add Derby as a provider.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.wtp.releng/RenameDataTools/?cvsroot=WebTools_Project

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development