[wtp-releng] Versioning problems in WTP 3.6 builds

Folks,

I am asking people to do just the opposite of what I normally do:  Please hold off on fixing versioning problems in WTP 3.6 builds until after the 9/17/2013 build.  On that date, I plan to move the "reference version" up from WTP 3.5.0 to WTP 3.5.1.  This will surely uncover more versioning problems, and I would much rather have us fix those once, up to the right level, than fix those, and then immediately need to fix them again.  Once that change is made, I will be pressing teams to fix their versioning problems (since we will only have 9 days before our WTP 3.6 M2 build, which should not have versioning problems.)
In conjunction with that, there are currently no plans to do a WTP 3.5.1 RC4 build- no "stop ship" bugs have been brought forth.  If, for some reason, you need to do an RC4 build (which should be the build that we release as part of Kepler SR1), please let me know ASAP.  Our RC4 contribution date is 9/17/2013.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Build guy

Back to the top