From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/14/2010 09:31 AM
Subject: Re: [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for WTP 3.3.0 I-build toward M3 - unit test failures?
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The tests did not take as long as I thought ... so plenty of time for questions ... with time to fix some things.

1. I know JSF team has said they were investigating the intermittent, but frequent DNF's ... any progress? Is there a bug open where progress can be tracked? Issues discussed? Guess I could help by trying to get a dump towards the end to see what the VM is doing (i.e. if still working, but just longer for some reason .. or true hang). Would that be useful?

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.tests.AllTests  DNF

2. Is it my imagination, , or have these JSDT Compiler tests been failing for a long time (every build, for several weeks)? If they are bad tests, they should be removed.

org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.tests.compiler.JSDTCompilerTests 2 errors or failures

3. Still versioning errors?  Is there still code that is out of sync from maintenance to HEAD? Or is this some sort of quirk I don't understand?
Below I've listed the true versioning errors ... where version in forward stream is lower than in last maintenance release.
And don't forget, you don't _have_ to wait until the end to fix the qualifier-increase-only problems ... there are currently 21! A rebuild isn't required for those qualifier-only fixes, as we've previously agreed .. but these actual errors ... where the version is less than in maintenance, is a pretty bad sign that something is amiss, as far as I know? I think we should respin to fix those ... unless there's some explanation I'm not aware of.

Bonus question, How long has it been since we've had a build with 0 failures?

As always, thanks for your attention to producing clean builds.

Bundles with versioning errors

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.designtime.tests

1.12.0.v20100830 (current)
1.12.100.v20100827 (reference)

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig.tests

1.1.2.v20100830 (current)
1.1.102.v20100827 (reference)

org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.creation.ui

1.0.506.v201004211805 (current)
1.0.600.v201008171516 (reference)

Features with versioning errors

org.eclipse.jst.jsf.tests.feature

3.2.2.v20100827-7E7W1FBBoPbPQXlWa3454 (current)
3.2.2.v20100827-7E7WA9FBBoPbPQOiYa3454 (reference)

org.eclipse.jst.server_sdk.feature

3.2.0.v201005241530-775-84F8JJKLz0RF9aPRdlVNGfyM (current)
3.2.2.v20100909-773384F8JHlLz0QeHdKadD-8a1Tf (reference)