RE: [wtp-releng] 7 Junit failures on latest 302 build - smoketestonhold

After some investigation and discussions we concluded that the failing tests do not reveal a serious bug that should affect any of the smoke test scenarios. In the meantime we continue investigating.

Greetings, Kaloyan

From: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Raev, Kaloyan
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:51 PM
To: Webtools releng discussion list
Subject: RE: [wtp-releng] 7 Junit failures on latest 302 build - smoketestonhold

We are currently looking into these two:
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.tests.bvt.AutomatedBVT
2
821
2456.507

The tests started failing on Sunday.
The last build without them failing is:
http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp-R3.0-M/20080824152207/M-3.0.2-20080824152207/

The first one with the tests failing is:
http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp-R3.0-M/20080824212645/M-3.0.2-20080824212645/

As I see in the CVS history the only code released between the two builds is by David Williams with comment:
    244086 Build path errors after restart
    244049 EARComponentExportOperation needs to react to JavaEEArchiveUtilities changes
    244570 Non- Java EE DDs no longer open if using OpenJ2EEResource

At the moment we cannot see the relation between the released changes and the test that fails. We continue investigating.

Greetings,
Kaloyan