[wtp-releng] Branching - question on starting tag..

Hi David,

I have a question about the ‘exception’ case in your doc, http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_How_to:_Branching_Policy_and_Practices#Practice on the convention to be used for a start tag to be used for a branch.

For JSF, HEAD != R2_0_0 (or more accurately R1_0_0) at the time of branch. Hence, I have tagged the HEAD code as R_1_0_1_base_vnnnnnnnnn and plan to use this as the start tag when I branch. Is there a better convention to follow?

-Raghu

Back to the top