Re: [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for 3.0 M1

We found a problem in our JPT testing and are releasing a change for bug 200957.  Fix should have no impact on other groups.

Neil

John Lanuti wrote:

Please see David's note below.

There is one issue with the JPT JUnit tests which we will need to respin for, but the build we have is ready for smoke tests.  Please test and update the wiki for:

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/drops/R3.0/S-3.0M1-200708230845/

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/23/2007 01:31 AM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

" wtp-releng" <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[wtp-releng] Status of our M1 build

I think for once I'm going to sleep before a build finishes :)

But here's the latest status as I think it will turn out.

1. Version numbers:

There were still two issues -- (Thanks to everyone else for fixing).

org.eclipse.wst.ws.ui

1.0.203.v200708222126 (current)
1.0.204.v200708202218 (reference)

org.eclipse.wst.xsd.core

1.1.201.v200707172045 (current)
1.1.201.v200707172046 (reference)

So, I "fixed" the xsd.core one so the M1 build also uses
v200707172046 (it appears identical to v200707172045).
(I know, I'm nit picky)

The ws.ui one appears to have been "reverted" back to "2.0.3" in the 2.0.1 build,
so I updated the reference data to use the versioning data from the very latest 2.0.1 build.
(Hopefully no other versions will now "break" :) but if so, it'll be good practice.

In neither of the above cases should any new code be involved ... just version numbers.

2. JUnit tests:

It appears we lost the JPT test plugins again :(
Tran, after I've convinced you to rename "
testPlugin" you also need to update the feature.xml file,
for
org.eclipse.jpt.tests.feature, so that it uses the new replacement for "testPlugin",
namely,
org.eclipse.jpt.core.tests.extension.resource.

As far as I am concerned, we can still do smoke tests on what ever build greets us in the morning, and we'll
re-spin just to pick up the JPT JUnit tests.

Thanks all,