[wtp-pmc] WTP release cadence and test impact

Hi,

My team took over the IBM Liberty Developer Tools plugin this year and I wanted to clarify a couple of things regarding WTP. Is there a particular schedule regarding the release of WTP for testing? It seems to be uploaded many days after the GA release of Eclipse - for example on the WTP release site (
https://www.eclipse.org/webtools/releases/3.23/) it states WTP was released on June 16th but only today have I been able to access the Release version of WTP on the mirror sites.

We aim to release our plugin at the end of the same month as the Eclipse GA release which does leave us on quite a tight schedule. I wanted to understand how this might affect our testing - is it likely if we were to run our tests using the M3 build of WTP we would be able to suitably predict any breaking changes? Or perhaps we should delay our releases such that we are able to fully test against the R version of WTP in each case. Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Billy Dawson
WebSphere Liberty Back-End Developer
IBM Cloud and Cognitive Software