RE: [wtp-pmc] Re: Moving faceted project framework codebase

Wayne,

> You've only implied a graduation in this note. When do you intend to
> graduate?

I think you are asking about graduation of fproj project. If so, then the
answer
is sometime in fall ahead of Helios SR1. The goal would be to release the
SR1
version of the framework from fproj, which implies graduation. Of course,
there
are a lot of logistics to work out before that and ideal may have to adjust
for
reality.

> What roadblocks do you believe will be removed by moving the existing
> code base into fproj?

I think I addressed that in the original post, but the goal would be to make
it
easier to propagate changes from 1.x codebase to the 2.x/vnext code line, to
have the same build infrastructure for the two code lines, to have the
project structure better reflect the reality of the codebase and to focus
the community around one place/mail-list/forum.

> Honestly, it seems to me that the maintenance
> burden will be the same. In fact, I'd think it'd be more. Right now, you
> have the benefit of there being multiple committers in the current home.

That's an illusion due to the structure of WTP Common project and actually
one of the things this move is designed to address. The reality is that
there
has only ever been one committer on the codebase from its inception. Don't
know
why others haven't expressed interest as the framework is used heavily.
Maybe
I was too good at fixing the bugs and implementing enhancements that were
raised?

Hope that clarifies,

- Konstantin