Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[wtp-pmc] Fw: Last minute issue with 1.5.2 release -- will resolve later

Since no immediate response to this mail, I assume PMC members are too busy or on vacation, or whatever, so no last minute
changes will be possible. And no harm in that! ... maybe even better!

I'll go ahead and announce and release today ... and we'll figure out what to do about that bug at a
leisurely pace over the next week or so :)

I think a "feature patch" is the best way to go for things like that bug.

----- Forwarded by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM on 11/01/2006 02:05 PM -----
David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM

10/31/2006 04:33 PM

Last minute issue with 1.5.2 release -- PMC Review Requested

You might consider this a request for "PMC Review" of a blocking bug ... if it wasn't already past the time for reviews! :)

But, we need to address this bug ...

Kosta (from BEA) has opened this as a blocking bug, as it blocks some scenario they have.
It actually was introduced way back in July, just after 1.5.0, but, found just now.

So, between a few urgent mails and phone calls, it turns out there is a simple change we could make to WTP code, that
would allow adopters to "work around" the issue, even though other possible fixes will be discussed longer term, for the 2.0 time frame.

This change would not effect any WTP code (re-testing not needed) nor any other adopters ... only if they subclass
the FlexibleProjectContainer they would be provided the opportunity to override a "members" method to provide
their own implementation for their own special cases ... if needed. (No other adopters we know of subclass

Normally, I'd just say "too late" ... but, in fairness ... seems 1.5.3 would be too long to wait to fix this for BEA, and it would
be easier on the developers to slip in a tiny change now, rather than do another fix patch in a few weeks!  

If you all agree.

The only impact for us would be that the "what's fixed" and "all in ones" and "update site" should be regenerated.

So, please respond in
If you agree with us making this last minute change, or, if you think we should be strict on the timing, and put into another
fix patch?


Back to the top