Re: Fw: [wtp-pmc] Agenda for June 06, 2006 telecon

Sure, we dont need to define new process here. I'll continue to eyeball the bugs and update the status_whiteboard. Just to be clear, I recommand to switch over to use this so-call automated PHP script because it's a lot less maintenance work (there are 20+ new bugs since yesterday). It saves me from updating the Web site CVS constantly. So, if you have the old 1.5 PMC bug approval list bookmarked, please update it to:

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.5/ramp-down-bugs-approval.php

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/UMZ/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/06/2006 12:49 PM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: Fw: [wtp-pmc] Agenda for June 06, 2006 telecon

IMHO, I don't think we need more process or automation here or book keeping.  one version is nearly "done" (1.0.3) and this whole voting thing is sort of a loose "sanity check" ... there may be times, for example, only two of us PMC members are available, but we'll still decide "approved" in order to make forward progress .. at least that's my 2 cents.

Jeffrey Liu <jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/06/2006 12:04 PM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: Fw: [wtp-pmc] Agenda for June 06, 2006 telecon

Hi Lawrence,

Yes, in the meantime, I'll continue to eyeball the votes in the bugzilla to make sure it was approved for the 1.5 release. The automation is a step to make the list up-to-date and less maintainance work for me :). Moving forward, I think we should standardize the structure of the votes so that there's no confusion regarding which release it was approved for. I suggest:

+1 <version #>

Any objections?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/UMZ/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/06/2006 11:52 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: Fw: [wtp-pmc] Agenda for June 06, 2006 telecon

Jeff, automatically pulling out approvals based on +1 in a comment is a little dangerous. I am listed as having given approval for a bug where I simply used +1 in a comment to second an idea. There have also been many bugs where approval was given for one release (such as 1.0.2 or 1.0.3) but has yet to be given for 1.5.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx
Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/06/2006 11:19 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: Fw: [wtp-pmc] Agenda for June 06, 2006 telecon

Hi,

I appologize for not updating the WTP 1.5 PMC bug approval list earlier. I was experimenting with an automated way of generating the bug list, that's why I didn't update the old document. Anyways, here's what I came up with..... the link below will show the latest bugs that need approval (no update or regen needed).

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/bugs/test.php

I know I should have put the PHP file in the same location as what we have before. As soon as the Eclipse Webmaster grant bugzilla read permission to my PHP, I will do that. But in the meantime, please use the link above.

I just looked at the list and there're 14 bugs waiting for approval.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/UMZ/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx
Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM

06/06/2006 10:24 AM

Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Subject
Fw: [wtp-pmc] Agenda for June 06, 2006 telecon

Jeffrey,

Could you please up [1]? Thx.

[1]
 http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.5/ramp-down-bugs-approval.html

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 06/06/2006 10:23 AM -----
"Tim Wagner" <twagner@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/06/2006 09:24 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-pmc] Agenda for June 06, 2006 telecon

Call info:
  • Tollfree in the US: 866-214-3176
  • Alternate: 404-827-9098
  • Access code: 8870689#
Call Time: 7am PDT

Agenda:
  • Community review [Lawrence]
    • Interview w/ Daryl Taft deferred; will hopefully occur this week
    • Process issues and scheduling [Tim]
      • Reminder of Dali/JSF internal review date: Wed, June 7th at 12 PDT / 3 EDT. Same call info as this one. Please review the materials provided (see attachments for details) in preparation for tomorrow’s call. We will also double check any triage items during that time.
      • External (EMO) release review for Dali and JSF scheduled for Wednesday, June 21st (I believe 8am PDT, but will check time)
      • LOC calculation
      • Post release vacation plans
      • 2.0 Requirements [Jochen]
      • 1.0.3 and 1.5/Callisto status [David]  [attachment "wtp-pmc JSF Tools Project RC3 build+Tutorial posted...htm" deleted by Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM] [attachment "wtp-pmc Dali project information.txt" deleted by Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM] _______________________________________________
        wtp-pmc mailing list
        wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx